Train your child in the way they should go and when it’s time to take them to the beauty salon to receive service, they will be ready.~Shan
The biggest mistake parents make is taking their child to the hair salon when they are not ready. This is mainly for the sons who parents decide that they will take their son for their first hair cut at their first birthday. Big no, no.
At such a young age as one, a child is not ready to be placed in the care of a professional barber/stylist to receive a hair cutting service. At this age, the child is just getting used to life and trying to figure out what is all about. The child is afraid of strangers and don’t want to meet new people. And hey, I can’t say I blame them because look at it this way, they are just getting used to you, family members, family friends, and maybe going to daycare. So to be introduced to the salon/barber chair at one year of age, is a big much your little one.
How to know if your child is ready to head to the beauty or barber shop:
- The child is not afraid when they hear a vacuum cleaner. This may sound silly but, if your child is afraid of the noise of a vacuum, how are they ready to hear the noise of the clippers and vibration on their head?
- The child isn’t frantic at the site of a comb. Yes, some children go ballistic when they even see a comb, therefore if they can’t even look at a comb or brush without losing their minds, they are not ready to visit the salon.
- The child sits still while getting hair combed. When in a chair with a professional, to prevent any possible injuries, it’s important for the child to be able to sit still while getting their hair combed, even if they cry. Crying is okay, as long as the child isn’t frantic and making major moves, most stylist/barbers can do their job and protect your child at the same time.
There are ways to help get your little girl or boy ready for life in the salon or barber shop here
Latest posts by Shan (see all)
- 68 Pounds To 120 Pounds How Did She Gain Her Weight Back - June 30, 2017
- Taraji P. Henson Wins BET’s Best Actress Award + Sports A New Summer Hair Do - June 30, 2017
- Beauty Supply Quality Hair You Can Trust - June 17, 2017