Magazine CovHER: Solange Teen Vogue
Before now, everyone insisted that Solange was just living in her sister, Beyonce’s, shadow. Now she’s finally shown everyone she’s her own person. Although she’s always had her own fan base, she has now grabbed the attention of the entire world as her album was number 1 in the country.
Inside the issue, Solange pens the most powerful letter to her teenage self.
Peep a snippet below:
there will be fear. a lot of it. there will be triumph. a lot of it. there will be constellations you want to reach for but can’t put your finger on. you will trace them like the scars on your body you got from trouble and the times of your life. you will take the long way to get to these Orions. the long way will become a theme in your life, but a journey you learn to love.
you will dive head first without looking into phases that you are certain of who you are.
some of these stages include:
- the dance-is-life (aka “this leotard is my second skin”) phase.
- the Bible-thumping-church-camp phase
(which coincided and contradicted with the Fiona-Apple-fan-club-president phase).
- the Nas-aficionado-brown-lip-liner-and-Vaseline phase.
- the Rasta-vegan-thrifter-who-is-determined-to-marry-Brandon-Boyd phase.
- the football-player’s-girlfriend-who-wears-braided-blond-highlights-and-swears-by-capri-pants phase.
at the time, you are searching. seeking in every corner and pocket of the world for who you are. take your time, baby girl. there’s no rush to get there. you will soweach of these chapters in the land that you become. you will see bits and pieces of them scattered into the skin you grow into. you don’t have to figure everything out now. time will reveal itself. i promise you.
WOW!!! That’s a very powerful letter she wrote to herself. Of course we didn’t put it all here so continue reading over at Teen Vogue.
Latest posts by Meiqua Yushundra (see all)
- Rihanna “So Stoned” Manolo Blahnik Shoe Collection To Drop On My Birthday - June 22, 2017
- Naturi Naughton Shares Maternity Photos - June 21, 2017
- Monica Opens Up About Her Recent Health Issues - June 18, 2017