While scrolling through my phone,I ran across the picture in the right and was thinking to myself…. “damn how old do you really look?” because I seem to always attract younger guys and most of the time when I’m out, I don’t have on any makeup at all.
Since I turned 30 a couple years ago, I have been trying to do a little more with my face, but I have grown to love my bare face so much it’s often hard for me to get in the routine of applying makeup daily. Not to brag, honestly I’m glad I don’t necessarily need it just yet. And in the picture on the left, the only thing I did was fill in my brows, apply eyeliner, lashes and my signature pink lipstick. No foundation or anything else. Besides, I’m way too hot-natured to have all that stuff piled on my face.
People often ask me how is it that I walk around with no makeup on because a lot of women I know can’t leave the house without it and I’ve even known some that get up like 3 hours early before work just to apply it. Like Sweetie Brown “Ain’t nobody got time fo’ that.”
Here’s how I learned to love my face without makeup:
- Accept that as a human you will have flaws, but those flaws are what make your face unique and different. The quicker you learn to accept them, the quicker you’ll learn to love your face without makeup.
- Secondly, I do my best to take really good care of my skin. I drink tons of water daily as it helps keep your skin tight. I also use Cetaphil facial cleanser during the day and an apricot scrub at night.
- I moisturize my face daily with either Cetaphil moisturizer or cocoa butter. At night, after rinsing my scrub, I apply Vaseline, yes petroleum jelly and when I remember an eye cream from Mary Kay to keep from having puffiness and wrinkles.
- When I wear makeup, I always, always… ALWAYS remove the makeup before going to bed. Even if I fall asleep with it on, whenever I wake up to go to the bathroom or anything, I wash it off.
- I also take A&D vitamins daily to help keep my skin clear. True beauty starts from within.
No my skin isn’t perfect, but I’ve learned how to work with it and to keep my face looking as young and vibrant as possible. I feel like this, I didn’t come in this world with makeup on my face so I have to embrace it when I decide to take it off before bed. When you take good care of your skin, you will look flawless with or without makeup!!!
Latest posts by Meiqua Yushundra (see all)
- Keshia Knight Pulliam Shares Photos Of Daughter Ella Grace - April 26, 2017
- Tammy Rivera Shares A Snippet Of Songs From Her EP - April 26, 2017
- Places To Eat In South Beach Miami - April 24, 2017