Get those abs in shape without hitting the floor.
Hitting the floor to get your core area in shape can be painful. Many people suffer pain in their necks and back from performing the abdominal exercises improperly. To help you minimize the painful traditional sit ups, you can get a tighter, leaner core by doing standing core exercises. Here are a few exercises to help get you started.
- Kick Boxing. Kick boxing is a great total body workout. It works the body from head to toe. Kick boxing routine focus on the strength of the core. Doing front kicks works the lower abs, which is one of the hard to reach areas. Side kicks help shrink and shed the fat of those “love handles” that we so hate.
- Standing Side Crunch. Standing side crunches target the obliques (side of waistline) without hitting the floor. To perform this exercise you can stand with your feet shoulder with apart, knees bent, and crunch to the side alternating from side to side or one side at a time.
- Leg Raises/Bicycle. Sitting in a chair, you can do leg raises or bicycle. Doing the leg raises, place your hands on the sides of the chair, ensuring that you are balanced. Slide your buns to the edge of the chair. Raise both legs together whole up for a few seconds with control than release. Repeat as often as necessary. For the bicycle position yourself in the same way than move your legs like you are riding on the bike. Both of these workouts works the lower abdominal.
- Exercise Ball. You can do all the same traditional sit-ups that are performed on the floor on an exercise ball. This helps to alleviate the strain you may have on your neck while working the core muscles even more for a tighter, leaner core.
Latest posts by Shan (see all)
- Signed! Sealed! Endorsed! Master P Endorses Author Kimberly D. Worthy Children Book - April 13, 2017
- ‘Gifted’ A Great Family Movie - April 7, 2017
- IntHERview: THTH Interview Joey McIntyre On New Show ‘Return of The Mac’ - April 7, 2017