It’s a tough decision when deciding on what products to purchase for your hair. The beauty supply stores are overloaded with tons of hair care systems from different manufactures. Deciding on a shampoo can be overwhelming. Needless to say, when you ask the sale person at the counter for guidance, many of them have the slightest idea about the products that they are retailing.
What you can do to help with your buying frustration is to pay attention to your own hair and scalp condition and follow up with your dermatologist for further analysis. Ask yourself:
- Does my scalp and or hair tend to be dry? When is my hair dry? All the time or when the weather changes?
- Is my hair and or scalp oily? Is it oily all the time or when the weather changes?
- Is my hair brittle, limp, fine?
- Do I have excess product buildup on my hair and scalp?
These are just a few examples of hair assessment questions you should be able to answer to help you understand your hair so that you will have an idea of what shampoo may work. Here are a few tips.
Dry hair and scalp: Use a moisturizing or conditioning shampoo. These shampoos are designed to help put moisture back into the hair shaft, add shine, and body to the hair.
Oily hair and scalp: Use balancing or a daily shampoo as some are named on the market. These shampoos help to control the oil and washes away excess oils from the hair and scalp.
Scalp Conditions: Seek your dermatologist so that they may properly diagnose your scalp condition and prescribe you with a medicated shampoo. Medicated shampoos tend to be very harsh on the hair and may cause the hair to feel brittle and hard during the shampooing process. Be careful to only apply the medicated shampoo on the scalp and use a moisturizing shampoo for the hair strands.
Excess product build up: For hair that has excessive product buildup on the scalp clarifying shampoo. They are the best to use because of their ability to cut through to the cuticle layer and remove buildup. After using this shampoo you want to follow it with a conditioning shampoo and or conditioner.
Latest posts by Shan (see all)
- 68 Pounds To 120 Pounds How Did She Gain Her Weight Back - June 30, 2017
- Taraji P. Henson Wins BET’s Best Actress Award + Sports A New Summer Hair Do - June 30, 2017
- Beauty Supply Quality Hair You Can Trust - June 17, 2017