Everyone wants to have healthy, long, beautiful flowing hair, but the question is: Is your hair really thick??? With so many people wearing weaves and extensions nowadays, it’s hard to tell if their hair has that fullness/thickness it portrays with the added hair. For the black community, most of us are going back to our natural hair state just to get away from the harsh chemicals that cause our hair to lose it’s thickness but for those who don’t here are a few tips for you to give your hair the “illusion” of being thick.
1. Mousse your hair before bed. Take a shower at night (or just wet your hair) then apply volumizing mousse and make a big braid. “The next day your hair will look wavy and volumized,” says Stephanie.
2. Blow dry your hair upside down. This is one of those tricks we’ve all heard before but forget to actually do. Try it next time you’re drying your hair–it works!
3. Make friends with dry shampoo. Not only is it great for zapping oil in between wash days, but it also creates the illusion of fullness. Just sprinkle or spray some onto your roots and massage it in.
4. Get all of the conditioner out of your hair. Yes, you need moisture for healthy hair, but if you let conditioner build up, it can leave your strands limp. Avoid your roots when you apply it and be sure to rinse it out thoroughly. “Use cool water–it’s better at getting out the residue,” Stephanie says.
5. Do some teasing. Grab a rattail comb and tease the crown of your hair before you pull it back into a ponytail to create height. Once you’ve secured your pony with an elastic, tease the tail, too and apply lots of hairspray.
6. Add big curls. Give your hair a bit of movement and body with hot rollers or a curling iron. Try all-over ringlets or just bump your ends for a little bend.
And there you have it. Pretty easy, right? I would love to know the tricks you rely on for thicker looking hair–please share in the comments section.
Latest posts by Meiqua Yushundra (see all)
- Joseline Hernandez Quits Love & Hip Hop Atlanta [VIDEO] - July 4, 2017
- Movie TrailHER: Jumanji Welcome To The Jungle - June 30, 2017
- Rihanna Spotted With Mystery Man In Spain - June 27, 2017