Children are a reflection of their parents in many ways, one way is their developed eating habits. As a parent, you play an important role in your child’s eating habits. You are the one that do the grocery shopping and determines what comes in and out of the pantry. If your eating habits are bad, guess what, nine times out of ten your child’s will be too.
Quote says, “we are what we eat” and children eat the way they learn to eat. If you raise your child up on chips and dip, fried foods, sweets and all the bad things, they will only want and crave these foods. But if you raise your child on a healthier diet they will be less likely to crave the bad foods. I believe we only crave what we have tasted before. Is this true? I don’t know, but what I do know is that I can’t ever remember my body craving a food I never had. Do you?
It’s never too late to change your diet. Once you make a change then change will occur for the rest of your family. You have to take a stand not only for you but for your children too. You must show them the importance of living a healthier lifestyle.
Here are 5 tips that may help to change your diet as you change your kids diet:
- Leave it at the store. Once you leave the bad food at the store what is the likelihood of you hoping in your vehicle to go to the store to get it?
- Start small. Don’t try to over do it by going cold turkey. Start small by eliminating one bad habit at a time.
- Don’t cook separate meals. You know the healthy meal for you and one for the kids. NO NO NO. They eat what you eat and that is that
- Keep the kids out of the grocery store. The more you keep them out of the grocery store with you, the less likely you would be pressured to by their goodies.
- Substitute bad snacks for healthy snacks. There are many great substitutions on the market today. Do your homework and start making substitutions for your bad snacks. Example instead of ice cream try yogurt with healthy topping like nuts. Instead of reeses cup try a Fiber One peanut butter bar.
Latest posts by Shan (see all)
- Signed! Sealed! Endorsed! Master P Endorses Author Kimberly D. Worthy Children Book - April 13, 2017
- ‘Gifted’ A Great Family Movie - April 7, 2017
- IntHERview: THTH Interview Joey McIntyre On New Show ‘Return of The Mac’ - April 7, 2017